Hi Everyone, I hope you are all doing well. I wanted to share another gratitude post from my camera roll. I will make it a series along with my journals because sometimes I do not know what to post and end up not wanting to post at all. The simple exercise of finding gratitude in my camera roll helps me to be thankful for what I have in my life, so I continually need to give God all the glory for his goodness.
We recently stayed in a city highrise apartment for the weekend so that I could attend a University function. I was in awe of the view from the apartment, which looked over the river. As I spent time in prayer with God, I was immediately overwhelmed by his goodness. It was such a blessing to be there that I almost missed out on appreciating it because I was consumed with my university function. And if I am transparent with you all there has been some challenges lately which have not been good but I know it is a part of life. I know that God will sustain me through these challenges like he always does.
So, It had been 2 years since we went on a family getaway. I was reminded that amongst the chaotic city, I needed to be thankful we can getaway during Covid. It was not until I reflected over the weekend that I realised how truly grateful I am for our weekend away. I think sometimes I get overwhelmed by the reality of everything else happening around me that I miss the opportunity to give God thanks for His goodness right in front of me.
This photo highlighted a few things:
- The apartment was so spacious my children could run around, which my daughter loved as you can see her enjoying the view.
- We saved over $700 to stay in this 5-star hotel for 3 nights which meant we could afford to stay, so it was a blessing and a money testimony!
- My heart was filled with so much joy looking at Almond next to my son relaxing on the sofa bed.
- Whilst drinking a flat white coffee made by a friendly barista from a cafe downstairs.
- And lastly, there was a covid outbreak in the city while we were there, so I am forever thankful to God for his protection.
This photo was an important reminder as a mother/parent and Jesus lover to teach my children to enjoy what they have, appreciate the blessings and give God all the glory for his goodness. I wanted my children to know this getaway experience was from God because of his provision in our life. I want my children and my children’s children to understand God’s love and faithfulness in everything.
I will sing of the Lords great love forever; with my mouth I will make your faithfulness known through all generations
Love G x