I hope you are all doing well.
I have been trying really hard the past year to focus on my overall health and wellbeing. I mentioned in a previous post about having healthy coping mechanisms helps me with managing money.
I wanted to share some coping strategies that I utilise in my everyday life to help me juggle the struggle. My top 5 allow me to survive and thrive to be the best mother and wife to my favourite humans who matter most in my life.
5) Coffee & Catch up – This my favourite practical strategy that I love to do everyday. I will either head out to my favourite local cafe or stay at home and enjoy my cup of coffee. It is such a blessing to be able to go out, drive in my car, buy a delicious coffee that is made for me and simply drink it. I also really enjoy sitting down with a cup of coffee and catching up with a friend or a love one. Obviously, moderation is key because too much becomes unhealthy and defeats the purpose of a healthy coping mechanism.
4) Exercise – It is something I try to do every day for my mental and physical health. It could be a workout in the gym, going for a row, swim in the pool or simply go for a walk with my children to the park. It can be strenuous or light, but the main thing is that I am moving and getting those endorphins pumping, and serotonin is released.
3) Music – I enjoy listening to music everyday. We use spotify everyday, worship music goes on every night at our which settles our household. There is nothing better than listening to music with God’s word and just feeling so motivated about life when you are in the car, at home and at the gym.
2) Journalling – I write how my day is going and what I am grateful to God for either weekly, fortnightly or monthly. Sometimes I have journaled twice a day, so it’s mostly when I need to write out my thoughts because I find it therapeutic to unpack on paper, which alleviates stress, and I have done since 2008.
1) Spending time with God praying, reading my Bible and going to Church – When I read God’s word, pray and spend time with Jesus, it renews my mind, fills my spirit and gives me the physical strength to deal with every day life. Seriously, this strategy is 101 my greatest coping mechanism because he sustains me every day.
These are my strategies I try and implement in my life because i want to thrive in life and not barely survive. Please feel free to let me know some of your strategies that help you survive life?
Love G x